Thursday, October 9, 2008

Unexpected Visitors

There are few things that I hate more than people who I don't know or don't really like dropping by unexpectedly and it just happened. Two people from my dad's past just, out of no where came to my house and are now chatting it up with my grandma at the dining room table. 

Many of the people that my dad are in his past for a reason and it's better that they are. My dad wasn't always the "poster child" for what a teenager should be, but who really is? Dad is doing really well right now, or as well as can be expected of someone living in today's society. He is getting married next June, he has 2 boys (I'm 20 and graduated and Blaine is a Junior in high school) and a 1-year old girl that is amazing; I would hate to see him get mixed up with the wrong people again. 

One of the people who are here right now I kind of know and she seems like an okay person but the other person I don't ever remember seeing in my entire life. In the beginning of the conversation happening behind me, my grandma had mentioned something about the guy having been in and out of rehab a couple of times and you can TOTALLY tell!!! Two of my cousins are here and I don't really condone having at least one of the people here for that reason alone, but this isn't my house and I really can't say anything. It's not like my cousins are babies but they're still young enough. 

I'm sure that some people reading this won't agree with me because anyone who can come out of rehab and not be doing drugs/drinking right now is someone who should be commended. I understand where you guys would be coming from but I just don't want kids even around people like that unless it is someone who is speaking to a class/group. I have very strong opinions on things (as is well noted in the blogs posted below) and this is one of them; I don't know that anyone will be able to sway me on this. 

I just needed to get this off my chest and since I can't really say anything to anyone else I thought that I'd blog and see if that helps...

Have a great night, kids! :o) 

-Gary

No comments: