Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sarah Palin's Run for the White House and Other Political Rants

After the VP Debate this past week, many analysts have said that Sarah Palin feels as though John McCain can't win this year (I think that's more evident now that he's pulled out of Michigan). There have been many speculations that she is "testing the water" for her own run for the White House in 2012 (as if we haven't had enough of her already). Granted, Hillary wasn't my first choice for president, but why would Americans elect another woman, except for Nancy Pelosi maybe, to President of the United States before Hillary Clinton??? 

I fully expect to see Hillary's name thrown back in contention for the "highest office in the land" in 2012 if John McCain wins (God willing that won't happen...) or in 2016 when, if he wins, Barack Obama gets out of office. I'm making a prediction here and now... within the next 4-8 years we are going to see many new, young faces in politics taking a page out of Obama's book and trying to make it big while they're young. Just across the river in Omaha, we are seeing new, younger faces that are trying to take out the people that have been in office for as long as I can remember; I'm sure this is a familiar scene throughout the country. 

The people of this country are finally sick and tired of the "status quo" that has taken over Washington in years past and are standing up for change in America. Like I said in my previous post, I really don't care who you vote for (well I do, but that's not the point I'm trying to make) so long as you get out and vote. The only way that things are going to get done is if "we the people of the United States" say "NO MORE" to what we have come to know and welcome change with open arms. 

Granted, with everything comes with consequences and a trial and error period, but can we really do any worse that what we've done this far? I really wonder what the founding fathers of this country would say now if they could see the shape this country is in... Interesting thought, isn't it???

No comments: