Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Zero Dollar Bill...What does that mean to you?

Artist Laura Gilberts' print 'The Zero Dollar' protesting the breakdown of the American economy. Gilbert distributed 10,000 of the fake greenbacks in front of the New York Stock Exchange on Tuesday, Oct. 7, 2008 to call attention to the economic crisis gripping the nation.(AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

On the subject of our economy and our look of demise...I caught this article as I was about to log off the computer tonight. It really caught my attention.
This is a real stand out protest! This artist also handed these out in front of the Washington Monument and I think they said even the White House.
Rock on Laura!
I'll probably write more later but it is 2:00 a.m. and I need to sleep!
Here's a thought to ponder... By creating the "Zero Dollar Bill" she was able to express how she feels and get her thoughts and opinions out to people. What would you do?? How would you do it?? And with that said...why aren't you doing it?? Think about that!!



No comments: