Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Is there something in life you wish you would have followed through with?

In life we all say that we’re going to do certain things and then, for whatever reason we don’t. (Before I start my little story here, I have to preface it by saying that I think I’m the kind of person who is always going to fall in love with somewhere new that I visit.) When I visited Tampa last November I didn’t want to leave! I thought it would be nice to just call back home and say that I’ll come home long enough to get my stuff and then head back out, but that obviously didn’t happen. When I was down there, my Great-Aunt and Uncle had said that I could live with them until I got on my feet and was able to get a steady job and a place of my own; I thought this was the best offer ever!

 

When I came back home I started looking for places to stay in Florida that weren’t too far from Tampa/Orlando and I actually found a couple of really nice places! I came up with this plan to start saving x-amount of dollars per payday and then I’d be able to move by my birthday this past June. Well, as this always happens, it was one thing after another that prevented me from going; for a while there I was actually doing pretty well! After things started looking up with my finances, I always seemed to have something standing in my way of setting money aside again. As I sit here now, it’s below the freezing mark and the wind chill makes it even colder than people could imagine! My Aunt from Florida recently got a Facebook when her sister was down there. While Teri was setting up her profile, Jan (her sister) put up some pictures of Teri with the beach in the background; that made me miss Florida that much more! I constantly think about “what might have been” had I actually moved down there and sometimes I’m glad I didn’t. Had I moved down there, I would have missed the birth of my sister and small little things that I’m glad I’ve been home for. There are still those times, like today for example, that I really miss not being there. Of course, I always have an open invitation to come back down whenever I’d like, but that’s easier said than done, especially in today’s economy.

 

Everyone has at least one thing, I’m sure that they’re still kicking themselves for not following through with, what’s yours?

No comments: