Saturday, November 29, 2008

WTF?!?!?!

This is just going to be a quick blog before I head off to work... I was on the NYT website and an article on the side caught my attention; it was about the black vote in California for Prop 8. The article said that the black vote in California was largely in favor of Proposition 8 which banned gay marriage. WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! Half of the country sees this as another issue for the civil rights battles that we're all familiar with. Why would a group of people who have been through so much trying to get what they want (i.e. freedom, right to vote, etc.) discriminate against another minority fighting for what they want?!?!?! This really pissed me off. I don't understand the people in this country sometimes. People think that now that they have what they want, FUCK everyone else. Let them fight for it, it's not our problem. I guess that this country is more fucked up than we thought. 

1 comment:

hots4hobbits said...

Yeah what's up with that? It was the black and hispanic population that largely voted in favor of it. I just couldn't believe that. People are so selfish and ignorant sometimes.