Monday, November 17, 2008

Just be happy!


I've learned a lot in the past 20 years, there's no doubt about that. One of the things that I've learned that keeps coming back to me is that you can't please everyone. I'm sure there has been a point in every persons life where they've taken a step back and thought about the decision they were about to make and if it would make someone else happy, angry or even sad. 

Keeping in mind that you only get one to live, you can't constantly try and make everyone else happy. Happiness comes from within. If you're constantly trying to work around other people's emotions and push your own aside, can you ever make yourself happy? At the same time it's important to be a good friend but you can't put your feelings on the back burner. Sometimes you need to be able to decide if the problems your friends are coming to you with are really worth you pondering over and putting your life on hold to help them or whether you need to find some way out of helping them. If you're able to do that, which a lot of the time I'm not, some people might see that as you not caring and you're being a bad friend. What they need to realize is that you'll be able to be a better friend when you've got your ducks in a row and can think straight.

 

I think sometimes that we're too dependent on one another but then I really get to thinking about it and, at times that's what really keeps us going. Knowing that you have someone there for you is one of the most comforting things in the entire world. Granted, cheesecake at times is more appealing than dumping your problems on someone else but that heavenly dessert is only going to be there for a limited time; a good friend will be there forever. 

I am blessed to have the friends that I do. Some of my friends and I don't talk often, but I know that I can count on any one of them when I need something, anything.


In life I want each of us to find that one thing that makes us happy and hold on to it. Being happy is one of the most important aspects to truly living life. If you haven't yet found that "thing", strive to find it! Having something to look forward to can keep us all going. If at times it seems impossible all you have to do is look back on the times in your life when you thought something else seemed impossible and look at how you got through that. We're all faced with problems and obstacles, but we're meant to get through them. 

Things, especially now with the economy the way it is can seem bleak but there's always that silver lining or the light at the end of the tunnel; keep looking for it. 

Happiness. Live. Love. Strive...

No comments: