Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time for reflection...

Every so often I believe that people should reflect on what has happened in their life. Now, I've said this many times, my motto is "Live life; no regrets" so sometimes when people reflect they think, "Well, if I hadn't done that..." or "If only I had done that differently...". When I say we should reflect I simply mean thinking about what all you've come through and the things that you've learned from.

Tomorrow being Thanksgiving, I feel it's important to reflect if only to realize what you're thankful for. Too many people take everything for granted; that's a big problem. Of course we're all, at some point in our lives going to take things for granted but it's those who take everything for granted that screw things up for the rest of us. 

I often look back on what has been and then I remind myself that I've overcome all the obstacles that are behind me (which I'm thankful for) and start to look ahead to the future. I know that there are going to be great things in store for me, but at the same time there are going to be hardships that I must get through as well. I truly believe that we're given no more than we can handle. It may seem impossible at times, but look at what you've already come through. 

What are you reflecting on? What are you thankful for?

No comments: