Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Is it time for a healthier you???

In just under five years, my body has gone through quite a transition. From my sophomore year student ID photo to my junior year photo, there is a noticeable difference. After my mom left, I was forever a changed person; my weight peaked, as I eat when I'm stressed. I've been struggling with my weight ever since and it isn't something that I enjoy. As I may have posted before, my Dad is getting married in June and I'm going to be his best man; I refuse to look the way I do now in those pictures. I think this was the push that I needed to get going and make myself healthier. 

A friend from work and I were working out for a while and then the holidays came. Well, now they're gone and there isn't any excuse. Tonight we went and worked out, and while I didn't go as far as I know I can, I still surprised myself. We haven't been working out for about two or three weeks now and I still did 7+ miles between the treadmill and the bike. When we were done, I realized why people work out, besides from getting healthier - you feel great afterwards! I always feel amazing when I work out and I feel like I could go for days! Well, for me, it's time to step it up. I have just over 5 months before I have to get in to that tuxedo and, while I'm not going to be anywhere close to where I want to be, I'm going to be far enough away from where I'm at not to make a difference to myself. 

I think there are always ways that one can make him or herself a healthier person. Even if you're physically fit, there is always your mental health that could be worked on. 

2009 is going to be a year of MAJOR change for a lot of people and I hope that you'll join us as we go along this journey. The support of our friends and family mean the world. 

From everyone trying to make a difference in their lives, thank you...

No comments: