Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Italy, Here I Come!

Those are 4 words I want to hear come out of my mouth like you would not believe. I've always wanted to go to Italy, but over the last few months, the urge has become greater than ever. Just today, I finished reading "Italian for Beginners", by Kristin Harmel which, no doubt, fueled the desire even more. It was an amazing book and one that you'll just have to read to find out more.

My family on my grandfathers side, came from Italia-Sicily, to be exact-and that's been part of the reason I've always wanted to go. I want to be back in the home country and experience Italy like so many family members must have done in the past. The country itself is home to some of the most beautiful landmarks the world has and will ever see, and I can't imagine myself never getting over there to see them.

I'm hoping that, at least one of my friends-she knows who she is-will be able to go over with me when I'm finally able to. I'm sure that Italy would be a great place to escape to, but it's one those places, to me anyway, that you shouldn't experience on your own. (Besides, who's going to take my picture in front of the Colosseo and the other places that I know I'm going to visit???)

I'm sure that millions and millions of people will be able to have those "stories" that will be told for years and years to come about the fantastic time they had in Roma, and I just want to be able to join the ranks of Americans who have been to Italy and can just say "been there, done that".

I know this post wasn't much of anything and was kind of just put together in a hurry, but it was something that I wanted to get out there. Someday, you'll be getting a post while I'm sitting at a cafe in some piazza in Italy sipping some espresso, prosecco or limoncello just having the time of my life.

No comments: